Conditions of HirePlease read all the information below. You will be supplied copies at the time of hire and will be required to sign them before your activity.
Hire Agreement Form
You will be required to sign this agreement before you start your hire activity. We will supply a copy, or you can download the form to print out and bring with you.
- You must be 18 or over to hire a craft. All under 18’s must be accompanied by an adult, on a one adult to a maximum of two children ratio. No children under the age of 8 years old.
- The hirer confirms that all participants can competently swim a minimum of 25 metres unaided and that they will wear the supplied PFD at all times.
- The hirer confirms that all participants do not suffer from any medical condition, and are not taking any medication/drugs, that could affect their ability to partake in the paddling activity.
- The hirer agrees to only use the subject of hire and equipment in the manner described by AS Watersports and to use them on the Exeter Ship Canal and River Exe below Mill on the Exe and above Trews Weir.
- If any of the equipment is taken on the weirs or away from the designated area of use a minimum charge of £50 will apply to cover any damage to our equipment.
- The hirer acknowledges and agrees that the equipment is in good condition in all aspects, and undertakes not to misuse it and to return it with all accessories in the similar condition as when received.
- The hirer will immediately notify AS Watersports in the event of any loss of the equipment.
- The hirer shall cover AS Watersports in respect of all cost, claims, expenses and demands which it may suffer or incur, and which arise directly or indirectly out of the use of the equipment during the period of hire.
- The hirer acknowledges that by taking advantage of AS Watersports Ltd offer on the use of their boats and equipment and you cause damage to said boats and equipment, whether by your negligence, deliberate or accidental actions that by signing this agreement you agree to pay for any damages to the boats or equipment or the full price for the replacement of the boats or equipment, if lost or damaged beyond repair.
- The hirer understands that AS Watersports Ltd or its employees do not accept responsibility for any loss, damage, or injury suffered by persons and/or their property arising out of, or during the course of activities whilst hiring. AS Watersports Ltd also will not accept any liability for, damage or injury suffered to any person or persons and/or property by your actions, be these said actions accidental or of a deliberate nature.
- INSURANCE AS Watersports Ltd confirms that it is covered by public and employers liability insurance; however we offer no insurance cover regarding personal accidents to individuals that may occur during the term of this hire agreement. In your own interest watersports activities involve an element of risk; you are strongly advised to take out insurance cover against accident, emergency rescue, and personal injury, loss of luggage, equipment damage and cancellation.
- AS Watersports Ltd reserves the right to refuse or immediately terminate a hire. The disclosure of the reason for this action will be entirely at AS Watersports discretion.
- Equipment must be returned on time or an additional charge of £50 per craft will be incurred. Please contact us if you do not think you will make it back in time.
- We may take photos for advertising purposes by signing this you give us full permission to use said photos.
- Shortly after your activity, we will contact you via e-mail prompting a review of your experience. We would greatly appreciate you taking the time to leave us your comments.
Our intention is that as a hire customer of AS Watersports you should have a really enjoyable paddling session and to help you and us achieve this we like to operate with these conditions and recommendations.
Exeter kayak hire where to go and safe areas to paddle
Do not attempt to paddle over any weirs. You will be in breach of your agreement with us and you will be putting you and others people’s lives at risk. Both weirs are powerful even in low water so please don’t venture too close. If you are in any doubt of any geographic location please ask us for confirmation.
Please be back on time or an additional charge may be incurred. For full day hire all boats must be back by 4pm.
The supplied Personal Floatation Device (PFD) must be worn at all times whilst on the water
We will provide a sheet with AS Watersports contact details.
Leave a contact number for yourself and an emergency contact with the shop.
Please note: For security reasons we require some form of ID: we accept Credit and debit cards, valid passports, Armed forces ID cards, a valid Full UK driving license and other international ID cards
Hire Craft and Equipment
You are responsible for the craft while it’s in your care for the hire period. Do not leave it unattended or out of site. Take you paddles and buoyancy aids with you wherever you go and keep the boat in sight at all times.
Other Water Users
Help or Emergency
Or Call Us on 01392 219600
- Full payment is required to confirm your booking
- No children under 8
- 17 and under must be accompanied by an adult (18+)
- 1 adult to a maximum of 2 children
- For security reasons we require some form of ID: we accept Credit and debit cards, valid passports, Armed forces ID cards, a valid Full UK driving license and other international ID cards
- Cancellation: Please contact us as soon as possible if you need to cancel, we will refund your booking in full. If for any reason AS Watersports have to cancel, we will refund hire charges but are not liable for any other expense incurred.
Click here for the full Terms and Conditions